Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Suffering from PED (Post-Election Depression)


So I know that it has been a week and I should just accept the tragic out come of the presidantail  election, but I think that I still may be suffering from PED Post Election Depression. This election was the first election that Eric and I felt really was going to mean something for us. We are adults going in to the working world in a bad economy we really though that this election could get America back on track if the right man was elected. Billions of dollars and hours of time and resources spent -- and here we are in the same boat as we were in 11 days ago. EPIC FAIL!

Eric showed a great deal of passion and had lots of political enthusiasm I even made an "election exception" to my strict no bumper sticker policy and allowed him to put stickers on the cars.


We were watching the election results as they came in with some friends, when Obama was announced the winner I was done watching the TV. I could not bring my self to stay up and watch his "acceptance speech". I could not watch the confetti fall on people celebrating in their ignorance and Oprah crying on camera. I still have that image burned into my mind from 4 years ago and did not need a repeat memory.

 I am so thankful for my faith and understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is comforting to know that the gospel is a constant, the scriptures will guide us through it all, and the prophet will never lead us astray.   I will continue to pray for the leaders of this country that they will make correct choices for the people in this country.






2 comments:

  1. I'm so late in reading this, but I like your perspective. :) These next four years should be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to everything you said here!

    -Angie

    ReplyDelete